The Student News Site of The Seven Hills School

The Hive

The Hive

The Hive

Homecoming Unites Upper School Students

Mark Beyreis
Students enjoying the Homecoming Dance.

Homecoming is a time-honored tradition that marks alumni’s return and serves as a moment of unity for the entire school community. This sentiment rings especially true at The Seven Hills School, as homecoming events unite Upper School students.

One key element that makes The Seven Hills Homecoming so special is the annual homecoming dance. It’s a night when the entire Upper School community comes together to celebrate, dance, and create memories that will last a lifetime. 

“The homecoming dance adds a new excitement to the celebrations. It’s a chance to let loose, have fun with friends, and create unforgettable memories that enhance the overall homecoming experience,” junior Charlotte Johnston said.

These words encapsulate the spirit of the homecoming dance. It’s not just about the music and the dance floor; it’s about the energy in the room and the connection it fosters among students. “The highlight was definitely the homecoming dance. The music and the energy in the room was great. It’s where we made some of the most memorable moments of the entire weekend,” Johnston said.

But what about the dance contributes to creating a sense of belonging among Upper School students? “The dance is a special moment where we all come together as Upper School students. It’s a chance to bond, share laughs, and enjoy each other’s company. It really strengthens our  sense of belonging in the Upper School community,” junior Grace Trindle said.

This sense of belonging is a crucial element of the homecoming experience. It’s not just a one-time event; it’s a chance for students to unite, build connections, and create a sense of unity beyond the dance floor. It’s about being part of something bigger than themselves.

But it doesn’t stop at the dance. The homecoming weekend, filled with sports, picnics, and other activities, is pivotal in creating lasting memories and connections among peers. “Absolutely, homecoming events are a great way to build lasting memories and connect people. Whether it’s cheering for our teams, enjoying the picnic, or dancing at the homecoming dance, these shared experiences bring everyone together,” Trindle said.

The Seven Hills Homecoming isn’t just a series of events; it’s a tapestry of shared experiences that strengthen the bonds among Upper School students. It’s a time when they come together, celebrate their school spirit, and create memories that will stay with them throughout their lives. With its electric atmosphere and unforgettable moments, the homecoming dance is just one piece of the puzzle in this extraordinary celebration that brings the Upper School community closer together.